1. Why do you want to lose weight?
2. Have you tried lots of diets in the past?
3. Can you imagine being thinner? Consider you, looking your best with a trimmer tummy, firmer bottom, firm upper arms. Lie back, close your eyes and imagine you at your best, looking amazing, receiving admiring glances, looking essentially like you but so much better...
4. How do you feel? Imagine the sounds, the smells, the taste..
5. What are the benefits of being slimmer? Not just how you look but how you feel, think and act.
6. Are there any disadvantages? Answer this question really honestly. How would you being slimmer change things within your family, your daily life, your love life?
7. If you have answered yes to the above question then carefully consider how you might deal with any of these disadvantages. For example, some of your friends may start to feel threatened, or one of your relatives. You may receive more attention from the opposite sex. How will that go down with your partner or friends?
8. Again lie back and imagine yourself slim and beautiful. Imagine wearing those clothes you long to wear, doing those things you can't do. Make the images really bright with sound, smell and taste. Hold on to that image. You are nearer there than you thought.